World Mental Health Day program 6th and 9th October 2017
Organization of a 2-day program which kicked off on 6th October, 2017 with Aerobics and Walk for Mental Health with Nigerian celebrities leading the solidarity walk from Unity Fountain Abuja. Massive mental health sensitization was achieved.
The day 2 program was a Symposium in partnership with Novo Health Africa with the theme: Mental Health in the work place. Participants in attendance included the Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina; Senator representing Kogi West, Dino Melaye; Primary Health Care & Communicable Diseases Committee Chairman, Sen. OHUABUNWA MAO; former beauty queen, Tony Preye, were among dignitaries who recently identified with the initiative to advance Mental Health care in Nigeria.
The Road Walk and Symposium addressed the following themes:
- Stimulating action for Mental Health and its prioritization in the health sector in Nigeria.
- Stigma & Discrimination against IDPs, Migrants and Refugees.
- Drugs and Substance Dependence.
- Delayed passage of the Mental Health Bill in Nigeria.
- Low budget allocation to Mental Health.
- Strategies for the promotion of mental health and prevention of mental disorders
- Strengthening information systems, evidence and research for the IDPs, Migrants and Refugees mental health